Just for Kids
Arts & Crafts
CRX Adventure Progs
CARIBOU PARKS AND RECREATION DEPT.
- CARIBOU COMMUNITY POOL:
Located just North of Teague Park School, the pool is undoubtedly the "coolest" place to be in Caribou in the summer. Usually open from mid-June to mid-August. the pool is a great place to learn to swim, improve your skills, or just to beat the heat. .
Most parks are available for group use by reservation. Forms are available at the Caribou Parks and Recreation Department office located at 55 Bennett Drive.
- CARIBOU RECREATION CENTER:
- The Recreation Center houses a multipurpose room (with retractable walls to form 1, 2, or 3 rooms), locker rooms with showers, and a game room.
- The Caribou Wellness and Recreation Center will be open for walking and a variety of activities from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. from October 1 through April 30 (this date can be extended depending on weather conditions). A study room, cd player, television, and various games are available for use. The building is supervised at all times.
- From May 1 through September 30 walking will be available from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. with the exception of the school summer vacation period through the day after Labor Day when the facility will close at 4:30 p.m. Check the main office for the exact day of summer operational hours as it is contingent on school release.
- Skating Rink: Phone 493-4239 - The rink is opened Saturday from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Sunday from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. People are welcomed to use the skating rink at anytime, but the warming building is not open.
- CARIBOU SKI TRAILS:
The Caribou Parks and Recreation Department operates and maintains 10 miles of groomed trails with set track, located by the Caribou Country Club, off Rt. 161 or via Hillcrest Resort, off US Rt. 1. For more information, call (207) 493-4224.
- SNOWMOBILE TRAILS:
The Caribou Parks and Recreation Department and the Caribou Snowmobile Club maintain over 170 miles of groomed snowmobile trails connecting Caribou with Presque Isle, the lakes region, Portage, Allagash, and Canada. Trail reports are available daily at the Caribou Recreation office, by checking this web site, or Thursday through Sunday on local radio stations.
- ATV TRAILS:
Our ATV trails cover 71.5 miles. Trail maps are available at the Rec. Center.
- NORTH CARIBOU PARK:
Accessible via Route 1 North (Van Buren Road), this park encompasses 54 acres of fields and woodlands. A softball/baseball field, basketball courts, horseshoe pits and a nature trail make this the perfect spot for a family or group picnic. Call the Rec. Center to make reservations.
- TEAGUE PARK:
Located in the heart of Caribou (bordered on either side by Bennett Drive and Glenn Street), Teague Park is a hub of activity year round. Within its five acres, you'll find a lighted softball/baseball field, lighted tennis courts, a creative playground, and the best picnic spot in town. In the colder months, Teague Park hosts a skating rink and nordic ski trails with a heated lodge for those really cold days. Telephone number at the park building is (207) 493-4239
- COLLINS POND PARK:
Located on peaceful Collins Pond on the South side of town, this park has a play area, group and family picnic sites and a 1.23 mile walking path.
- PAUL SOUCIE SPORTS COMPLEX:
On the south shore of Collins Pond (via Sincock Street) you'll find a lighted regulation-sized baseball field and a lighted soccer field, each of which play host to popular youth programs in the summer and fall.
- HARDISON PLAYGROUND:
The next time you're on South Main Street, turn on to Hardison Avenue and check out this diamond in the rough, popular with local residents. Playground equipment and picnic tables make this a nice lunch stop.
- BOAT LAUNCH FACILITY:
Located on Lower Lyndon Street (across Route 1 from Sleeper's) and down stream of the dam is a small public boat lunch on the Aroostook River. The section of water below the dam is a designated artificial lures only area, but boasts some of the best, easily accessbile, spring fishing in the region.
- MULTIPURPOSE ROOMS are available to local clubs and service organizations for a minimal fee.
- VAN RENTALS are available to Caribou non-profit clubs and service organizations